Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We' ve Landed...

Just a quick post to let ya'll know that we are here. The furniture is somewhat in place, the dishes are put away, and not a picture hung on the walls yet, but we are here and we are happy. The kids LOVE the house (as do we!). I have been reunited with my KitchenAid and my Dansko's, though I have yet to find my marbles. Probably in a box marked pots and pans, yet delivered to the guest room by the movers, only to open it up to find a garden hose. Ahhh....Movers. My Air Force friends are nodding right now, I know it.

Mike has also been reunited with his beloved Weber grill, and we have been enjoying it's char-broiled goodness once again. Everything seemed to survive storage fairly well, though our household goods won't tell me where they were kept. They don't want to talk about it.

Pictures and such will follow soon...after we tackle more boxes. That's all for now!

2 comments:

Van Brunt Family said...

Glad to know you're settling in, and we're anxiously awaiting all the pics of the Acorn House splendor...with topiaries! And, amen, to the moves...just found a garden hose nozzle in my Christmas ornaments from the last move. Classic.

Stephanie Coyne said...

I also found all of my long lost gardening tools and handy bag while looking for Christmas garland... it was in a box marked "trophies."