Friday, December 5, 2008

Holiday Greetings! I have climbed out from under some boxes to bring you a few photos of our recent family fun-fest. Back in October, when the house hunting was at a stand-still, and we were staring at a lackluster holiday season spent amongst the fellow tenants of the ghetto apartment building, we had a great idea! Let's drive up to the mountains of North Carolina and chop down our own Christmas tree! Let's stay in a log cabin! Let's do it right after Thanksgiving! We won't be busy! It will be perfect!

My, how things changed. The house happened. Closing happened. The movers showed up with ALL of our long lost treasures, which was about 200 boxes more than I remember them packing up. Thanksgiving happened. And then we put the settling in on hold and drove north, landed west of Asheville at the idyllic Boyd Mountain Log Cabins and Christmas Tree Farm, and spent a glorious night in a charming, cozy, and rustic 150 year old log cabin, and then woke up the next morning to a fresh dusting of snow. We then trudged all around to find the perfect Christmas tree. It was awesome. The kids loved it, except for the part when I kept running in front of them and kneeling in the snow and yelling their names, all paparazzi-like, to try to take a photo or two. They were not having it. Simply not having it. Here are some fairly acceptable ones, though it did take me approximately 52,000 tries to even get these lovelies. There were some really horrible ones. Maybe I should just post those in the future!

Please take note of Matty's ever-present drool. (I have asked the doctor and the child dentist about this. Perfectly normal...just not socially acceptable. Let's hope he gets over it and learns to swallow prior to, oh say, 7th grade.) The drool actually froze and turned into an icicle.

Here is Mitch on the first take. Relatively cooperative. It went downhill from here...in a hurry.
Here he is somewhat later in the photo shoot, where I am yelling things like "Pickle Face" and "Spongebob Squarepants!" at him, ala the elementary school creepy school photograph guy, just minus the plastic comb.

And here is the real Mitch, thoroughly over the entire photography thing. I had better get used to this face. I think I may see a good deal of it when he is a teenager.

Happy Holidays from the Hooligans!

1 comment:

yimkids said...

glad you are in and reuinted with your mixer...this the season for it!! The yelling for pictures is sooo me! That's why we haven't taken our holiday picture yet...I need to gear myself up for that one mentally.