Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dear Lego Club, Jr. Magazine,

Below, please find the picture that I recently submitted to your publication.  It is my 5-year-old son, Mitch, and his model for the Lego Club Jr. Building Contest.  The theme was to build something that firefighters could use to get their job done.

While I can not comment as to why he chose to make that particular face for the photo, I can comment on the amount of time and thought that went into the making of his vehicle. You see, it is a fire truck, complete with crawler tracks and heavy on the wonky ladders.  Therefore, the firefighters can get into places "that regular fire trucks can't get to, like swamps and mud and stuff.  It also has a fire rescue boat."

As for the various gadgets and hoses, they all have a purpose.  While I am a girl and do not posess the  chromosomes necessary to identify each, Mitch was muttering words like "radiator belt," and "electrical supply"  as he was happily hooking them all up.  I hope that this helps clarify his entry.

Also, while my husband and I really do enjoy playing the game of "HA HA HA!  Guess Which Ones of These Models Were Actually Built by Children!" while looking at the contest winners in your magazine, we would prefer it if you followed your own rules of :  This contest is open to members ages 6 and under only."  Sorry, perfectionist moms and dads.  You may need to sit this one out.

So, just think...next time the swamp is on fire, I know the perfect vehicle for the job.

Sincerely,

Rachel F.
Mother of Boys

4 comments:

Stephanie Coyne said...

Mitch is brilliant. Start a blog petition or better yet, use Facebook. I will sign it!!!

Anonymous said...

Mitch must have watched The Princess Bride when you were not looking...get it...fire swamp...

Love The Snowbound Mimi

Angela said...

Oh, this is just the beginning. I have actually taught Andrew how to upload his own pictures to lego.com. I think Mitch is ready.

Anonymous said...

Mitch is on to something as there was a REAL fire burning in the everglades when we were in Florida and we all needed such a vehicle to get closer and gawk! A real swamper!!!!
Mom