Monday, February 2, 2009

When in Rome...

Do as the Romans do. When in South Carolina, go to Monster Jam! We attended the monster truck show in Columbia. I was a little unsure of what to wear, being that all of my camo was in the wash, but I did settle on some nice jeans and a sweatshirt. Nothing overstated, I thought. Turned out I was terribly overdressed. I had on sleeves.

Here are the hooligans, pre-show, showing off their collection of monster trucks. I have to admit that these were not purchased at the show. Neither the trucks nor the kids. No, we already had these beauties in our possession.

See the gleam in their eyes? They were so very excited!

Here is the pre-show warm-up. This is a woman, aptly named "Cannon Lady" being shot out of a cannon. No lie. The boys were not sure quite what to make of this, but I am monitoring their behavior closely. I can just see Mitch stuffing his little brother into a contraption and trying to shoot him across the room while my back is turned. Or while I sit four rooms away blogging.
Here is what Matthew looked like the entire time. He did not move. He did not blink. He was completely spellbound. Bodes well for the future, huh?

Action shot. Here is"Monster Mutt" flying high over some unfortunate automobiles. It had big floppy ears and a wagging tail. Needless to say, the boys loved it. I'm sure to walk out into the garage soon and find some sort of paper tongue glued to the front of my Honda Accord.
And here was the big winner of the day! Direct from Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina...."It's Digger time!" Apparently Grave Digger jumped higher, crunched up more stuff, and flung more dirt at people while spinning around in a semi-out-of control state. Congratulations to Grave Digger!
And that, my friends, concludes our visit to the Monster Jam. Carry on.

3 comments:

Van Brunt Family said...

Mother-of-the-Year to you Mrs. Ferrario!

3 Busy Boys said...

I LOVE it!!! We wanted to take the boys to it when it was in P-cola but arrived back from a trip the day after it was on. My boys b-day party last year was Monster Jam. If this developes birthday express has all the Monster jam b-day stuff. We had so much fun with it!!! I love it, I'm not alone! Now come have a sleep over with me and we can do our toes! :)

Susannah said...

I really think that you should considering giving your children mullets.