Monday, February 16, 2009

Because I am really bad at sitting down and writing in a "baby book", I use this blog to chronicle the lives of my young children. Mostly, the stories involve them being completely ridiculous, and our attempts to deal with them. I also try to capture milestones and big events in their lives so that they can look back at this someday and laugh and learn.

Well, with the fun times also come the difficult ones. I am saddened to say that Mike's father passed away a week ago, at the young age of 61. He was a loving husband, father, and grandfather, and we will miss him terribly. We flew back to Michigan last week for the services. It has been a difficult week, but there was a beautiful service and we reconnected with cousins, family, and friends we have not seen recently.

Rest assured, I'll be back with zany stories and hooligan pictures, but right now I want to tell my kids that their Papa Ed loved them very much, and we will do our best to share stories about him as they grow, to keep his memory alive in all of our hearts.

7 comments:

Susannah said...

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear that. Give Mike our best and we'll be thinking of you.

3 Busy Boys said...

So sorry to hear that. How sad for you all. Hugs to you all!

The Brown Family said...

Hi Rachel,
Thinking of you and the boys. So sorry to hear of the news of Mike's dad. Sending our love. Miss you,
Stephanie

The Brown Family said...

P.S. The previous comment is from Stephanie Brown since you know another Stephanie. Just in case there was confusion. :)

3 Busy Boys said...

Yes, Korea is totally doable and actually it's been a fun experience so far. SO glad we came and too much build up for this?? No, no!

Anonymous said...

My heart laughs and goes cuthump. I'm so sorry for your loss and the loss of a very important person in the lives of your family. Your words are prolific and grounding even if you "just report". My prayers are with you.

Angela said...

So sorry to hear that Mike's dad has passed. ((HUGS))