Thursday, August 7, 2008

And a great time was had by all. The End.

We have just returned from our week long vacay to lovely Michigan. I say lovely, becuase it truly was. The weather was warm, not too humid, sunny....just perfect.

Thanks to all of the grandparents and Aunt Becky for making this such a fun trip. The boys had an absolute blast! (Mimi- you get your turn in a week! Rest up!)

Today, we are in the post-trip blahs. You know....where the boys go from having people watching them, laughing at them, interacting with them 24/7 to...being home with me. Sans watching. Sans laughing. Definitely sans interaction. They are going through withdrawal, and they choose to show it with whiny, crabby voices and very, very short fuses. And, apparently, I am a masochist, as our return to reality today involved a two year old checkup with Matty and a gigantic trip to Wal-Mart. How 'bout them apples to let you know that your vacation is definitely over!

Here are some photo highlights from the trip. And, I must apologize. Apparently I was having too much fun on tractors and jet-skis to dig around in the bottom of the suitcase to find the camera. These are second hand photos that have been uploaded and then downloaded by me, and they did not like it. They did not like it at all. So squint, scruch up your face, and look at these hooligans!

I would have to say that some of my favorite memories from the trip involve some grandpa, who shall remain nameless but who is an upstanding member of society, diving into the pool with all of his clothes on. The boys went wild! That prompted Mitch to put his shirt back on and jump in over and over.

Also, watching these two on jet skis is hilarious. Mitch....serious, reserved, loved putting around in idle, going seriously zero miles per hour, and steering himself around. Matty, donned in a lifejacket, of course, loved to punch it! Mitch and I idled around Lake Huron while Matthew and Mike zipped past repeatedly, Matty's little head and giant smile clearly visible as they darted past us time and time again.

But by far, the best memories are of the boys and their grandparents...playing, laughing, loving. Thanks for a great trip!

1 comment:

yimkids said...

Welcome to the I am having too much fun letting others watch my kids to actually find my camera phase. Let them be and so will I!! I heart grandparents.