Monday, May 10, 2010

Slight Hiccups...

So, Mike has been gone about 11 1/2 days, but seriously, who is counting?

So far, I have had two slight emotional hiccups....no breakdowns or hysterics or sobbing...just momentary feelings of "Oh, man.  I wish he were here."

Here are the circumstances surrounding each:

*At Wal-mart (I know, I know), I was on autopilot, just going about our normal Wal-mart business.  Mindlessly filling the cart with our household staples.  Yelling at kids to put back the neon purple Pop-Tarts.  The usual.  I reached for the Arizona Iced-Tea that Mike drinks, put it in the cart, and then thought, "Shoot.  He's the only one that drinks it" and then had to put it back on the shelf.  Pitiful.

*While driving in the car, our song came on.  Everlong, by the FooFighters.  When we first met?  First date?  First song at our wedding?  Nope, nope, and nope.  Everlong is our song...our Guitar Hero song.  The one where I become Domestica and he becomes Rock Daddy and we totally rock that thing out like teenagers on a Friday night while our kids snore in their beds.  That song.  I silently played air guitar while a tear silently slid down my cheek.

OK, not really, but it was sad hearing that song and knowing that he was not here for me to kick his butt at GH.

1 comment:

Stephanie Coyne said...

Boo! Boo! You're doing great! Hang in there sister!

ps. Domestica - ha ha ha ha ha ha