Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please stand by...

For the post I am anticipating writing this evening or tomorrow morning. The boys have a "Spring Music Program" tonight at their school. I do not expect it to go well. I was subbing last week at a practice. Matty played with the carpet fuzz the entire time he was on stage, and Mitch ate his jacket sleeve and looked around like he was a homeless boy who had just stumbled in looking for a warm place to stay. Completely clueless.

Here are some thoughts leading up to it.

Me: "Matty, you guys are going to sing 'This Little Light of Mine." Show me the light you make with your finger."

Matty: "I can't. My light is broken."

and also

Mitch: "The kids all sing the real words, but I just like to sing 'La la la la" and make up other words really loud."

If you need us, Mike and I will be the parents in the back row, scooched way down in our seats.

No comments: